Insight Meditation Retreat
How the Dharma informs all Mindfulness-based Approaches
The Danish Mindfulness Association is honored to welcome for the first time in Denmark Bob Stahl and wife Jan Landry for a 7-day Insight Meditation Retreat.
During the last 37 years Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and other Mindfulness-Based Programs (MBPs) have spread exponentially around the world. Mindfulness is now being integrated into medicine, health care, education, business, government, and a wide range of other social institutions. This retreat will explore how the teachings of Buddhist Psychology, (Dharma) informs Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and all Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
Who is this Retreat For?
This retreat is suitable for anyone wanting to deepen their mindfulness practice. This retreat will focus on cultivating further understanding of the rationale on how the Dhamma informs all mindfulness-based approaches. This will be especially of interest to those teaching or aspiring to teach mindfulness in healthcare, psychology, education, science, government, or in the business and corporate sectors. Please, note that this retreat is in silence.
About the Retreat
Through the direct practices of the four foundations of mindfulness, you will learn how the essence of these wisdom teachings (Dharma): the four noble truths and the three characteristics of existence intersect and inform all mindfulness-based approaches.
This insight meditation retreat will offer periods of sitting and walking meditation, mindful yoga as well as group and individual practice discussions. The teachers will also offer daily talks and systematic instructions that are embedded with the spirit of Loving Kindness. These teachings and practices will emphasize quieting the mind, opening the heart, and developing clarity and depth of practice. Please notice that the teaching will be in English. Difficult phrases or words will be translated as needed.
Biography of Teachers
Bob Stahl, Ph.D. has founded seven Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction programs in medical centers in the SF Bay Area and is currently offering programs at Dominican Hospital and El Camino Hospital in Los Gatos and Mt. View. Dr. Stahl serves as a Senior Teacher for Oasis Institute for Mindfulness-Based Professional Education and Training at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Bob is co-author of 5 books: A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook, Living With Your Heart Wide Open, Calming the Rush of Panic, A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook for Anxiety, and MBSR Everyday.
Bob is a long time teacher in the Insight Meditation tradition, he has lived more than 8 years in a monastery with Forest Monks. Today, he is the guiding teacher at Insight Santa Cruz and a visiting teacher at Spirit Rock. He also teaches retreats every year in all continents.
Jan Landry, BSN MA, has worked in the field of hospice care both as a nurse and as a chaplain, for over 30 years. Her work in the field of death and dying, serves as an ongoing reminder of how precious each and every moment of life is, and informs her meditation practice which has developed and deepened over many years. She is a yoga practitioner, a student of the Ridhwan School and of life. As a teacher of mindfulness meditation, she hopes to support others in cultivating a practice of mindfulness that fosters awareness and deep listening to the inner wisdom of one´s own heart.
- This retreat requires no adherence to a particular faith tradition.
- This retreat fulfills part of the retreat requirements for becoming a CFM/Oasis Institute Certified MBSR Teacher and is suitable for anyone teaching or aspiring to teach mindfulness in healthcare, psychology, education, science, government, or in the business and corporate sectors.
- Practice mindfulness meditation
- Explore the foundational underpinnings of MBSR and other Mindfulness Programs
- Recognize the importance of embodying these foundational underpinnings when teaching Mindfulness
- Discuss dimensions of personal practice with guiding teachers
- Utilize mindfulness meditation in your personal and professional life
- Participate in and contribute to a community of mindfulness-based professionals
- When: June 13th to 20th, 2017
- Where: Gomde Retreat Center in the beautiful hills of Djursland, Denmark. Address is: Smedehalden 3, Esby. DK-8420 Knebel. Info on how to get there (indsæt link til Information on how to get to Rangjung Yeshe Gomde)
- Detailed directions for getting to Rangjung Yeshe Gomde
- Registration fees include the organisation of the retreat, accommodation and vegetarian meals:
- Single room, total cost, VAT included: 7375,00 Dkr.
- Double room, total cost, VAT included: 6500,00 Dkr.
- Dormitory (sleeps up to 10 people), total cost, VAT included: 5625,00 Dkr.
- Use of own tent (campground), total cost, VAT included: 5187,50 Dkr.
- Dana: The registration fee is only for the organization and does not include the fee for the teacher, so we ask for a “Dana” for the teacher. Dana (pronounced “dah-na”) is a Pali word meaning generosity. This practice dates back to the ancient times and comes from the conviction that the teachings may be outweighed by any material values and that they should be accessible to all and be given freely, since they are considered priceless. Therefore, the teachers offer their work for free. Bob and Jan offer the teachings in this perspective. However, to allow their livelihood and their other teaching activities, they have to rely on voluntary donations at the end of the course. There will be an opportunity for each participant to contribute at the end of the retreat and to donate something to help the teacher in his work. Everyone is asked to give as much and appropriate as it is possible. You can also easily rely on what such seminars usually cost, and if this helps, we can give you some idea of a usual cost.
- Click here to fill out the registration form
- You will receive an invoice within 5 days, reflecting your choice of accommodation/or 2 nd choice.
- Make the payment through bank transfer as stated on the invoice.
- After receiving your form and your payment, we will send you an email to confirm your registration.
- Be aware that places are limited. Registrations will be confirmed ONLY after receiving the form and the payment. We advice to register as early as possible to secure your attendance.
Cancellation (must be in written form)
If you cancel before January 7 th 2017, the fee will be refunded, except a deposit of Dkr. 1000
If you cancel between January 7 th and April 7 th 2017, 50 % of the fee will be refunded.
If you cancel between April 7 th and May 7 th 2017, 25 % of the fee will be refunded.
If you cancel after May 7 th 2017 no refund of the fee will take place.
Gennem 3 år har vi langsomt og stabilt, som en lang bodyscanning, del for del med opmærksomhed og nænsomhed, opbygget et solidt fundament for vores forening, for vores mange medlemmer; en flot lærerliste med pt. MBSR 23 lærere på landsplan; facebook hvor mange finder spændende nyt om mindfulness; et godt og udviklende venskab blandt medlemmerne; og nu også vores første project, Mindfulness I skolen, bevilliget af undervisningsministeriet.
Dansk Etiske Retningslinjer for MBSR-lærere
Etiske retningslinjer for MBSR-lærere under Mindfulnessforeningen Danmark. (Udarbejdet 2015 *).
Afsnit A: formål og brugervenlig oversigt
Etik skal langt hen ad vejen gerne være integreret i MBSR-læreren, så der undervises og interveneres ud fra et blødt og omsorgsfuldt hjerte, med den hensigt at være til gavn for deltageren. MBSR-læreren har i den forbindelse et ansvar for sit eget sinds tilstand i mødet med deltageren, så denne er i gode, professionelle hænder.
Se den nye film Mindful Medicin
LÆRERSEMINAR i Århus d. 11.+12. sept. 2015 om "Livslang fordybelse i MBSR. Hvad er visdom og praksis" Læs mere
Her finder du nye danske artikler om MBSR:
Download vores nye Pjece om MBSR